Whisky or whiskey is a type of distilled alcoholic beverage made from fermented grain mash or by distilling beer. Various grains (which may be malted) are used for different varieties, including barley, corn, rye, and wheat. Whisky is typically aged in wooden casks, generally made of charred white oak. Read more >>
There is a variety of whiskies like Irish whisky, scotch, bourbon, Canadian whisky and many more. Of all the spirits that flow freely in India, whisky is the one with the most devoted fan base. Whatever the kind may be, any celebration in the country calls for the presence of whisky. It’s a common fixture in parties, inside or outdoors, as well as the drink most reached for after a tiresome day.
For all your alcohol intents and purposes, we’ve rounded up the 5 best whisky brands in India, under one thousand rupees. Let’s scroll!
- Sterling Reserve B7: A rare blend of imported Scotch malts and the finest Indian grain spirits. The blend is crafted to perfection with Scotch malts from different barrel origin imbuing the blend with seven distinct tasting notes. The soft toasted touch of charred oak gives a texture and a smooth, well-rounded finish. Alcohol by volume: 42.8%. Price: 780.00 (750ml)
- 8PM Premium Black Whisky, 750 ml: A signature blend of scotch & Indian Grain Whisky to achieve the perfect balance of strength & smoothness. India’s new premium whisky. It’s a Master’s Selection for the true connoisseurs of fine taste. This smooth blend celebrates success, friendship and the spirit of camaraderie even among rivals because when shared, even rivals become friends. For the first time in this price range, a brand is offering a premium packaging that looks and feels like an International Scotch Whisky. The crystals on the bottle evoke a sense of class and luxury. This is also the first time ever that all three sizes are available in mono cartons. Nose – Fruity, sweet with a hint of peaty note emanating a well-balanced bouquet, Palate – Medium body, slightly sweet, the hint of fruitiness in the palate that lingers, Finish – Rich medium finish. Alcohol by Volume: 42.2% v/v. Price: 670.00 (750ml)
- Imperial Blue Classic, 750 ml: A perfect blend of imported scotch malts and Indian grain spirits. Now it is the 3rd largest selling whisky in the World. Launched in 1997, Imperial Blue’s exceptional smoothness is appreciated by whisky connoisseurs worldwide. Imperial Blue has established itself in the minds of our consumers, and the brand’s strong growth and volume sales are testimony to its success. Alcohol by volume 42.8%. Price: 700.00
- Royal Challenge Premium Gold, 750 ml: Deep and intensely smooth blend, made with Select scotch, Indian malts and grain spirits matured in charred American Oak casks. Royal Challenge is brought to you from an award-winning lineage. Alcohol by volume: 42.8%. Price: 750.00
- Royal Stag, 750ml: Select Scotch malts from Scotland crafted using a Solera Process are blended with the finest Indian spirits to produce the exquisite taste of Barrel Select. Royal Stag Barrel Select is the premium whisky for the discerning consumer who seeks an evolved taste. This superior blend of imported scotch malts and Indian grain spirits is matured in hand-picked oak barrels to create an inimitable harmony of aroma, flavour, taste and colour. “MAKE IT LARGE”. Alcohol by volume 42.8%. Price: 760.00